Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
The main aim of the Level 4 Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy is to enable students to gain the practical and theoretical skills necessary to provide Sports Massage Therapy. It has been designed for practitioners currently working in Sport and Active Leisure, including Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Sports Therapists and Massage Therapists. Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy gives you the basic understanding to get working as a therapist, how ever from experience you will be asked and will get common injuries or dysfunctions with clients. Level 4 will give you the extra confidence to ensure you can deal with these clients and give them specific treatment not just Sports Massage.
The purpose of this specialist qualification is to enrich practitioners' understanding of advanced anatomical, physiological and pathological principles relevant to the application of Sports Massage. It will provide learners with advanced palpation skills and those needed to analyse posture and range of movement. It will also provide practitioners with a range of advanced skills and massage techniques to prevent and manage injury in Sport and Active Leisure.
Once qualified you will learn to critically evaluate massage strategies and method to inform on future treatments.
Learners will cover:
- Understand the Clinical Procedures for Client Assessment and Treatment Planning
- Conduct Objective Physical Assessments
- Understand the Purpose of Neuromuscular and Tissue Mobilisation Techniques in Sports Massage and the Skills to be able to Apply Effective Neuromuscular and Tissue Mobilisation Techniques.
- Utilise Soft Tissue Techniques Appropriate to Specific Clients
- Understand Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
- Treat and/or Seek to Correct Common Patterns of Dysfunction and Suitable Pre-Diagnosed Injuries
- Conducting Subjective and Objective Assessments
- Provide Sports Massage Techniques to Prevent and Manage Injury
- Treatment Modalities to Support Soft Tissue Repair
The course is 9 days (weekends) including an assessment day, the course is spread over 6 months to enable time for course work to place and study.
- Practical Assessments
- Joint palpation tasks
CertificationLevel 4 Active IQ Certificate in Sports Massage Therapy
- Level 5 Sports Massage Therapy
- Personal training
- Taping and Strapping
- Education and training Qualification (PTLLS)
Course Price Includes
- Course manual - a reading list will also be available to assist you in read around the subject after the course.
You must be 18+ and hold a recognised Level 3 Sports Massage qualification.
e.g. or equivalent or a good understanding of techniques.
£1,495 per person
20% discount if you book Level 3 & 4 together (£2,312).
The price will be 15% discount as from 1st June 2016 (£2456.50)
Check out Level 5 click here
Kent Sport Academy, Epps Building, Bridge Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1BB
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
See www.facebook.com/kentsportsacademy for special offers.