Level 2 Certificate in Fitness
Instructing Exercise to Music
YMCA Awards is the most recognised and sought after qualification in the fitness industry. Our courses are delivered by experienced and qualified tutors to guide you through the course.
The Level 2 Exercise to Music - Fitness Instructor course is designed with flexibility in mind. This course is offered as a full time option consisting of 6 days 9am - 5pm*. The time set over each day will be set depending on the groups size and needs. Many other course providers require you to learn the theory by self directed study prior to attendance of the practical element as part of their course. This option saves you money but relies on your own discipline to understand the work set with the face to face contact.
Kent Sports Academy understands the values of being taught clearly and concisely to give you the best opportunity starting your new career. To ensure you are comfortable in your understanding of the theory and practical elements. Full support is available to assist learners when help is required.
Covering subjects include
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Heart and Circulatory System
- Respiratory System
- Structure and Function of the Skeleton
- Musculoskeletal System
- Postural and Core stability
- Nervous and Energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments.
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise program
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy adults both individuals and groups. This may include young people in the 14-16 age range, provided that they are part are part of a larger adult group. Client groups also covered are older adults, ante and postnatal clients and disabled clients provided the relevant contraindications and key safety guidelines are observed.
The course will consist of 3 practical days and online the theory work. Multiple choice exams will be assigned during the course.
- 2 x 1 Hour multiple choice theory paper or e-Assessment
- Practical Examination
Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instruction Exercise to Music
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Level 2 Certificate in Children's Fitness
- Level 2 Indoor Cycling
- Level 2 Certificate in Gym Based Exercise
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training
- Level 3 Certificate in Yoga
- Levle 3 Certificate in Pilates
Course Price Includes
- YMCA registration, assessments and YMCA certificates
- All ETM Instructor course tuition includes email and telephone support
- Fitness Instructor ETM course manuals
- 20 CPD credits on REP's (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- YMCA Level 2 Fitness Instructor (ETM) Course allows your entry on to the REPs Register
- Optional extra cost - Anatomy & Physiology DVD & workbooks
from £500 per person if you hold a level 2 fitness instructor certificate, £600 for blended learning option.
Kent Sport Academy, Epps Building, Bridge Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1BB
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org