Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instruction
Exercise and Physical Activity for Children
This course will develop students to a competent and confident level to plan and instruct child based exercise programmes.
Covering subjects including:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Heart and Circulatory system
- Respiratory system
- Structure and Function of the skeleton
- Musculoskeletal system
- Postural and Core stability
- Nervous and Energy systems and their relation to exercise
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in a variety of fitness environments, including safeguarding of children and adults
- How to programme safe and effective exercise for a range of clients, the health benefits of physical activity and the importance of healthy eating.
- How to communicate with clients effectively, and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise program
- The skills and knowledge required to plan and deliver structured health related exercise and physical activity for apparently healthy children in 5-15 age range inclusive.
Our Fitness Instructor course will last approximately 3/5 days* providing you with an expert knowledge to lead your own fitness programmes.
(3 days if you hold a Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification)
- 2 x 1 hour multiple choice examination
- 2 x Worksheets
- 1 x Continuous Practical Assessment and a Final Practical Assessment
Certification YMCA Awards Level 2 Certification in Fitness Instruction in Exercise and Physical Activity for Children (QCF)
Progression Routes after completing the course
- Level 2 Exercise to Music
- Level 2 Gym Based Exercise
- Level 2 Indoor Group Cycling
- Level 3 Personal Trainer
- Level 3 Exercise Referral
Course Price Includes
- Registration, assessment and Certificate
- Instructor course manuals. Online resource and workbooks optional
- 20 CPD credits on REP's (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor Course allows your entry on to the REPs Register
No previous qualifications are required, though
a reasonable level of fitness and experience will give you an advantage. You
must be 16+ years of age, with writing and numeracy skills are also required for
presentation of the Fitness Instructor course work. If you are working with
children it is recommended that you have a CRB/DBS check in place.
Employment OpportunitiesTeaching exercise to children in schools, clubs or any Ofsted-approved environment.
Prices from £500† per person
Kent Sport Academy, Epps Building, Bridge Road, Ashford, Kent TN23 1BB
Telephone - 01233 641000
Mobile - 07909 703631
email - email@example.com